Friday, September 10, 2010

Do it again....

10 more ink drawings...this time from photographic reference. I think this was my favorite method of ink drawings. I liked being able to get the proportions and angles more exact from tracing the photo but having the control over the pen that I didn't have when working directly on the computer. The only problem I had was the sun going down as I was perched in my windowsill trying to use the sun as a natural lightbox and my back pain the next day from being hunched over in the window for so long....
This is one of my favorites...It looks pretty believable!




This is another favorite. It was a really awesome artistic sculpture in the St. Louis Botanical Garden. The fence looks more like a brick wall than a fence though, unfortunately.


Another fave. I like the way the front handle turned out.


This clock tower was fun to do, and I think it turned out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment